As we enter a new decade, it’s fun to reminisce about all of the incredible technological advancements that have been made over the last 10 years. It seems that one way or another, everyone is “disrupting” something (cue: eye roll).
One of the core values for the NVP growth equity team is to not take themselves too seriously. With that in mind, here are Managing Partner Jon Kossow’s top “predictions” for 2020!
1. The true benefit of self-driving cars becomes apparent when one completes a late-night run to In-N-Out and successfully orders a burger “Animal Style.”
2. Membership at Singing-As-A-Service reaches an all-time high when the website is changed to SAAS.song. Unfortunately, no new members know anything about singing.
3. Data will become so voluminous, scientists will begin to store it in actual physical mines.
4. Stealth email security company “Swiss Cheese” will officially launch, with the stated business goal of allowing all spam email to penetrate networks… since it does already. Monetization will be figured out later.
5. Surgeons will rejoice at the next meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology as new methods of treating “text neck” go viral.
6. Feeling left out of the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) party, moving companies develop subscription businesses for selling just the box.
7. Rather than comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act, ALL technology companies leave the state en masse. Followed shortly by all consumers, who are no longer targeted online for things they actually want to buy.